Pixel Lantern by Erdem Sen
Based in Essen, Germany
Press / Business contact:
+49 (0) 163 / 8109448
Bard's Gold is a 2D Retro slow-paced platformer with light RPG elements, where the player has to find the key within the level and get to the door in order to progress through the game.
While I was adventuring, I got my saddle containing the legendary Bard's Gold stolen by a filthy goblin.
It has been my Family Treasure for generations...
I had to get it back at all costs! Giving chase to the burglar, I went through a portal that sent me to this strange world...
I must escape and return the Bard's Gold to where it belongs!
- Old school platforming experience ─ No tutorials or explanations how things should be done. Everything including the basic game mechanics must be figured out by yourself as you go.
- Rogue-lite ─ Different layouts for each level is randomly chosen every playthrough. While getting the chance to memorize levels and get better at them, the "random level" system will keep your interest. With the gems you collect you will be able to upgrade your character on the Game Over screen. These upgrades are permanent and will help you on future playthroughs.
- Secrets - ??????
Erdem and Jenny are married. Their desire to create games developed over the years. Both started gaming in early ages: Erdem with a Commodore 64 and Jenny enjoyed playing Tetris and Mahjong with a Mac. Gaming was always a part of their lives so why not creating their own games? To qualify for this task, Erdem taught himself how to program and Jenny completed an apprenticeship as an IT specialist (application development). Both joined a Game Design course to improve their knowledge.After that
Their first experience on game development was when they finished a small game in a time frame of 72 hours at the Ludum Dare 30, which took place at August 22nd- 25th 2014 and had the Theme
The Anemone and the Hermit Crab lives in 2 different worlds but by connecting this two worlds both can benefit from each other and increase their survivability.
Cranesym, a hermit crab survival simulation game.
The idea of Bard’s Gold started taking shape in the second quarter of 2014. Erdem uses Gamemaker to develope Bard’s Gold. Both Him and Jenny are responsible for all the art in the game.
At 6 February 2015, Bard’s Gold campaign on Steam Greenlight was launched:
At 14 February 2015, the first Alpha Demo was released.
At 17. April 2015, Bard’s Gold got greenlit.
At April 17- 20th 2015 they finished a small game for the Ludum Dare 32
Theme: An Unconventional Weapon
In a laboratory, experiments gone wrong and opened the Gates to another dimension!
Now it's the apprentice job to defeat as many enemies he can to save the laboratory.
Apprentice weapon has 5 attributes(Sun,Star,Moon,Rain,Cloud). Hitting enemies with right
attribute will kill them faster and grant you more points!
Bard's Gold Trailer YouTube
There are far more images available for Bard's Gold, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Bard’s Gold Demo Alpha 1.01"
- Alexandru Chirila, Softpedia
- "Türk yapımı oyun Bard's Gold, Steam Greenlight'ta"
- Furkan Sakoğlu, Merlin'in Kazanı
- "Steam GreenLight'ta Bir Türk Oyunu: Bard's Gold"
- Ramazan Tugay Kahraman, Turuncu Levye
- "Yeni Bir Türk Oyunu: Bard’s Gold"
- M.İhsan Tatari, Oyungezer
- "Yeni Bir Türk Yapımı Oyun Daha Steam'de"
- Serkan Levent, ShiftDelete
- "Bard’s Gold! Steam Yeşil Işık’ta bir Türk yapımı oyun daha!"
- Enes Çifci, 8piksel
- "Bağımsız oyun geliştirmenin zorlukları"
- Erdem Şen, Merlin'in Kazanı
Team & Repeating Collaborator
Artist, Project Management